Our forums is currently a work in progress! Please check back later!

Sign in to follow this  
Priv

CHANGE: No Turbulence

Suggestion: No Turbulence   

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Turbulence feature removed?

Hi all, this one is pretty straight forward with the 1.2 patch turbulence was introduced to the game, we do have the ability to not add it back into the game, we want to see you guys debate on this topic on why it should or should not be added. Please do not go off-topic on this thread, useless or off topic threads will be deleted. 

Posted (edited)

Pros

turbulance is annoying and random for each player, removing it would be a quality of life change.

Cons

Removing Turbulence would devaluate end game gliders e.g Kraken or RD (i think) that give valued advantage in ocean based content.

Having hundreds of players gliding through the air at events is a clusterphuck and an eye sore when taking into account glider abilities.

Compromise 

Remove Turbulence across the majority of the ocean, introduce "strong seawinds" zones in high player density content areas like Kraken, Sea of Graves, around Freedich.

Edited by Swiffles
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Swiffles said:

Pros

turbulance is annoying and random for each player, removing it would be a quality of life change.

Cons

Removing Turbulence would devaluate end game gliders e.g Kraken or RD (i think) that give valued advantage in ocean based content.

Having hundreds of players gliding through the air at events is a clusterphuck and an eye sore when taking into account glider abilities.

Compromise 

Remove Turbulence across the majority of the ocean, introduce "strong seawinds" zones in high player density content areas like Kraken, Sea of Graves, around Freedich.

In this patch, kraken and rd gliders can glide forever, as well as have the ability to go up and down at will. They wouldnt lose their effectiveness

Is it possible to restrict turbulence in certain zones?  It might not make sense to remove turbulence from kraken and ocean areas, but maybe removing turbulence from Freed and GrowlGate would be better.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So after talking about it in discord, I believe we need to have a 2nd vote. We talked about how potentially broken it could be if no one had turb in areas like kraken. However we believe that no turb is 100% needed for places like Freedich and Growlgate. This might be something to consider as an alternative.

Edited by Disrep
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Disrep said:

So after talking about it in discord, I believe we need to have a 2nd vote. We talked about how potentially broken it could be if no one had turb in areas like kraken. However we believe it is 100% needed for places like Freedich and Growlgate. This might be something to consider as an alternative.

I agree, no turbulence on Freedich and Growlgate would be really really nice, however in the ocean when it comes to entire guild boarding one ship, could really change the water PvP metas.  

• Like 2

Please only implement no turbulence on Freedich/Growlgate/Large Islands that this can be implemented on. Open ocean should keep turb. 

• Like 3

Agreed, open ocean should keep turbulence. Otherwise not only would it be op in Kraken etc but you will have a much harder time escaping ships if they can just pinion glide over 

• Like 1

Yeah, not to mention no turb means galleons are pointless for anything but killing Kraken or DGS, since in normal PvP your raid would be better off just gliding over than shelling. Implementing no turb only on Freedich and Growlgate makes it so the most popular land PvP areas on the seas have the same PvP rules apply there as everywhere else, it's pretty dumb to not be able to use gliders in PvP there currently.

I can get behind no Turb on Freed/Growl. But I agree oceans should keep turb.  Nothing was more fun than seeing 20 people glide from a slower ship, pinion, and catch you....

add a ~1-3s turbulence immunity when you open your glider so you can still pop your ezis, sloth or divebomb at sea without backflipping 50m deep underwater.

a merch or a clipper wouldnt get caught by a pinion'd glider anyway without turb, but the problem i have with no turb is people donkey macroing up and then popping their glider 200m in the air

Gotta remember that ship customization didn't come out till 1.7, so every ship was just stock. So if you use kraken as an example where you needed multiple galleons since you couldn't replace and regrade all it's parts to mythic, having no turbulence on every glider means catching it no problem. As said above, islands like freedich and growlgate wouldn't be a problem, but leave the ocean to kraken/rd gliders and gliding mounts.

I think this thread is full of people that didnt play pre 1.0 making assumptions of what naval pvp was like with no turbulence. No, you didn't just glide off your boat and easily catch other galleons, no it didnt make the kraken glider useless (it was still absurdly OP, especially for contesting kraken.) Theres a reason they closed alpha forums when they updated the game to the launch patch. Turbulence, Normalized mounts/Gliders, and weapon swap CD are some of the worst changes to ever be added to AA.

Sounds like a cointoss to me. The ability to not add it, and the ability to freely choose where you can add it was not specified.

Can someone clear this up for me?

Does this mean either all turbulence everywhere (like we have experienced in later patches) or no turbulence no where?

I think removing turbulence all over would add a unique twist to PvP and change the way people interact out in the ocean. Gliders with pinions aren't going 20m/s or anything crazy, but it also makes for a lot more reactive PvP overall. Perhaps a good compromise is to remove "turbulence" in the traditional sense but still make it so gliders are slowed in the ocean. That way glider functionality (like abilities) is still useful without completely allowing pure glider freedom. Just a suggestion though.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:33 PM, Ramz said:

Please only implement no turbulence on Freedich/Growlgate/Large Islands that this can be implemented on. Open ocean should keep turb. 

This ^